Uplink Transmission Scheme Based on Rateless Coding in Cloud-RAN
We consider a Cloud Radio Access Network (C-RAN) uplink system composed of single user, multiple remote radio heads (RRH) and baseband unit (BBU) pool. The user encodes the messages with rateless code which are then modulated and sent. Each RRH which covers the user quantizes the received signals and transfers them to the BBU pool through the high rate fronthaul link. The BBU pool applies belief propagation (BP) algorithm for joint decompression and decoding for the user information. In order to further improve the performance of the system, we resort to the extrinsic mutual information transfer (EXIT) analysis to optimize the degree profile of the rateless code. The numerical simulation shows that the BER performance of the proposed rateless coded scheme is close to the theoretical upper bound.
KeywordsCloud Radio Access Network (C-RAN) Rateless code Extrinsic mutual information transfer (EXIT)
This work was supported by Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. LY17F010014.
- 1.Cisco: Cisco visual networking index: global mobile data traffic forecast update, 2015–2020. White paper, pp. 1–39 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.China Mobile: C-RAN: the road towards green RAN. White Paper (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Wu, Y., Qian, L., Maom H., et al.: Optimal power allocation and scheduling for non-orthogonal multiple access relay-assisted networks. IEEE Trans. Mob. Comput. (2018)Google Scholar
- 14.Venkiah, A., Poulliat, C., Declercq, D.: Analysis and design of raptor codes for joint decoding using information content evolution. In: 2007 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, ISIT 2007, pp. 421–425. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.Venkiah, A., Poulliat, C., Declercq, D.: Jointly decoded raptor codes: analysis and design for the biawgn channel. EURASIP J. Wirel. Commun. Netw. 2009(1), 657970 (2009)Google Scholar