A Network Coding Optimization Algorithm for Reducing Encoding Nodes
Network coding can effectively improve the transmission efficiency of the network, but compared with the traditional forwarding nodes, the participation of network encoding nodes will bring resource consumption. In this paper, we propose an improved algorithm of the max-flow based on the shortest path, which combines the concept of path capacity summation to achieve the maximum flow of the network, and the shortest path guarantees the minimal number of encoding nodes. The simulation results based on random network show that this algorithm can effectively reduce the encoding nodes and the consumption of network resources on the basis of realizing the maximum flow of the network.
KeywordsNetwork coding Encoding nodes The shortest path Max-flow Capacity summation
Thanks for the support of Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Communication Network Applications, National Natural Science Foundation of China (61372087) and Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province (LY18F010024).
- 2.Hu, J.X., Liu, S.Y.: Improved multicast network coding algorithm. Comput. Eng. Appl. 47(15), 116–118 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Yeung, R.W., Li, S.Y.R., Cai, N., et.al.: Network Coding Theory. Now Publishers Inc. (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Tao, S.G., Huang, J.Q., Yang, Z.K., et al.: An improved algorithm for minimal cost network coding. Huazhong Univ. Sci. Tech. (Natural Sci. Edit.) 36(5), 1–4 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Yefim, D.: Algorithm for solution of a problem of maximum flow in a network with power estimation. Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 11, 1277–1280 (1970)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, J.F., Zhou, J.: Minimize coding node algorithm based on polynomial time algorithms. In: The 23rd National Conference on New Computer Science and Technology and Computer Education (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhu, Y.Y., Cao, Z., Zhu, L.X.: An improved encoding nodes reduction algorithm for network. Electron. Electro—opt. Syst. 3, 47–52 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, H.Y., Huang, Q., Li, C.T., et al.: Graph algorithm and its MATLAB implementation. Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics Press, Beijing (2010)Google Scholar