Distributed Channel Allocation for Wireless Mesh Networks Based on Hypergraph Interference Model
Wireless mesh networks (WMNs) are widely used to expand the current wireless network coverage. In this paper, we present a hypergraph-based channel selection method to allocate channels, which can be used to alleviate the accumulative interference from multiple weak interfering links in WMNs. Firstly, we build the ternary interference hypergraph model for all links in a WMN. Then we present a interference mitigating hypergraph game to solve the distributed channel selection problem. It is proved that the proposed game is an exact potential game with at least one Nash equilibrium (NE). Finally, a best reply (BR) based channel selection algorithm for the interference mitigating hypergraph game is presented to obtain NEs. Simulation results show that the presented channel selection method with hypergraph model has a lower global accumulate protocol interference than the existing method with binary graph model.
KeywordsWireless mesh networks Channel allocation Hypergraph Potential game
This work was supported by the National Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61771488, No. 61671473, No. 61631020 and No. 61401508, the in part by Natural Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars of Jiangsu Province under Grant No. BK20160034, and in part by the Open Research Foundation of Science and Technology on Communication Networks Laboratory.
- 2.Tang, J., Xue, G., Zhang, W.: Interference-aware topology control and QoS routing in multi-channel wireless mesh networks. In: MobiHoc (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, L., Low, S., Doyle, J.: Joint congestion control and media access control design for ad hoc wireless networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, Miami, FL, March 2005Google Scholar
- 4.Rad, A.H.M., Wong, V.W.S.: Joint channel allocation, interface assignment and MAC design for multi-channel wireless mesh networks. In: INFOCOM 2017 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Feng, J., Tao, M.: Hypergraph-based frequency reuse in dense femtocell networks. In: IEEE ICCC 2013, pp. 537–542 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, H., Song, L., Han, Z.: Radio resource allocation for device-to-device underlay communications using hypergraph theory. IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun. 15(7), 4852–4861 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Young, H.P.: Strategic Learning and Its Limits. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2005)Google Scholar