VulAware: Towards Massive-Scale Vulnerability Detection in Cyberspace
Due to the delay of threat warning and vulnerability fixing, the critical servers in cyberspace are under potential threat. With the help of vulnerability detection system, we can reduce risk and manage servers efficiently. To date, substantial related works have been done, combined with unenjoyable performance. To address these issues, we present VulAware, which is a distributed framework for detecting vulnerabilities. It is able to detect remote vulnerabilities automatically. Finally, empirical results show that VulAware significantly outperforms the state-of-the-art methods in both speed and robustness.
KeywordsCyber security Vulnerability detection Network attack Security vulnerability
Our research is supported by Key Lab of Information Network Security of Ministry of Public Security, Open Project Foundation of Information Technology Research Base of Civil Aviation Administration of China (NO. CAAC-ITRB-201705), Beijing Common Construction Project (2017), National Innovation and Start-up Training Program (201710018026).
- 3.Chen, T.M., Cai, J.M., Jiang, R.R., Feng, X.C.: Design of network security scanning system based on plug-in. Comput. Eng. Des. (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Doupé, A., Cavedon, L., Kruegel, C., Vigna, G.: Enemy of the state: a state-aware black-box vulnerability scanner. In: USENIX Security Symposium (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Kals, S., Kirda, E., Kruegel, C., Jovanovic, N.: SecuBat: a web vulnerability scanner. In: International Conference on World Wide Web, pp. 247–256 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Liang, L., Zhang, Y., Gao, Y., Qian, X.: Research and implementation of a vulnerability detection and initiative recover system model. Comput. Eng. 3(3), 1–7 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhan, S.: Research and application of distributed vulnerability scanning model. Ph.D. thesis, Guangdong University of Technology (2013)Google Scholar