An Origin-Destination Based Parking Pricing Policy for Improving Equity in Urban Transportation
In this paper we propose to optimise parking pricing fares in urban areas with the aim to improve transportation equity; the optimisation approach is applied to an origin-destination parking pricing policy that can differentiate the tariffs for each origin-destination pair, considering the difference in accessibility, in particular with public transport services. An optimisation model is implemented, and a solution algorithm is proposed. Model and algorithm are tested on the case study of Naples (Italy), where the quality of transit services is very different between zones and OD pairs; therefore, differentiating parking fares as a function of origin and destination of the trip may be very useful for rebalancing accessibilities among zones, aiming to improve transportation equity.
KeywordsTransportation Parking pricing Equity Optimisation Accessibility
- 2.Palmer, D., Ferris, C.: Parking measures and policies research review. Transport Research Laboratory—TRL. Project Record PPRO 4/45/4 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Gallo, M.: Improving equity of urban transit systems with the adoption of origin-destination based taxi fares. Socio-Econ. Plann. Sci. (2018) (in press)Google Scholar
- 10.Ben-Akiva, M., Lerman, S.: Discrete Choice Analysis. MIT Press, Cambridge, USA (1985)Google Scholar
- 11.Cascetta, E.: Modelli per i sistemi di trasporto. Teoria e applicazioni, UTET, Torino, Italy (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.ISTAT I dati del censimento (2011). http://dati-censimentopopolazione.istat.it