On Bicomplex Fibonacci Numbers and Their Generalization
In this chapter, we consider bicomplex numbers with coefficients from Fibonacci sequence and give some identities. Moreover, we demonstrate the accuracy of such identities by taking advantage of idempotent representations of the bicomplex numbers. And then by this representation, we give some identities containing these numbers. We then make a generalization that includes these new numbers and we call them Horadam bicomplex numbers. Moreover, we obtain the Binet formula and generating function of Horadam bicomplex numbers for the first time. We also obtain two important identities that relate the matrix theory to the second order recurrence relations.
- Cockle, J., Davies, T.S.: On certain functions resembling quaternions, and on a new imaginary in algebra. Philos. Mag. Ser. Taylor & Francis 33(224), 435–439 (1848)Google Scholar
- Halici, S.: On complex fibonacci quaternions. Adv. Appl. Clifford Algebras 1–8 (2013)Google Scholar
- Hamilton, W.R.: Ii on quaternions; or on a new system of imaginaries in algebra. Philos. Mag. Ser. Taylor & Francis 25(163), 10–13 (1844)Google Scholar
- Lavoie, R.G., Louis, M., Rochon, D.: The Bicomplex Quantum Harmonic Oscillator (2010). arXiv:1001.1149
- Nurkan, S.K., Guven, I.A.: A Note On Bicomplex Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers (2015). arXiv:1508.03972
- Savin, D.: About division quaternion algebras and division symbol algebras. Carpathian J. Math. 233–240 (2016)Google Scholar