One final point of public misunderstanding is the widespread impression that solar electricity will soon be replacing nuclear power, so there is no need to bother with nuclear energy. There are vociferous political organizations pushing this viewpoint, and a substantial portion of the public seems to be largely convinced that our primary source of electricity in the next century will be solar.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Solar Energy Research Institute, Photovoltaics Technical Information Guide (Second Edition), p. 58 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.U.S. Department of Energy, Photovoltaic Energy Program Summary (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.U.S. Department of Energy, Solar Thermal Energy Program Summary (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.U.S. Department of Energy, Wind Energy Program Summary (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.U. S. Department of Energy, Energy Storage and Distribution Program Summary (1988). ’Google Scholar