Leaky-Waves on Multiconductor Microstrip Transmission Lines
The spectral domain technique with a Galerkin moment method solution is used to study leakage from modes on multilayered microstrip transmission lines. An asymptotic technique is used to improve the convergence of oscillatory spectral integrals involving distant expansion and testing functions. Several multiconductor structures are considered, and it is shown that in some cases leakage can occur at low frequencies in realistic structures for which leakage was previously unrecognized.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. B. Rutledge, D. P. Neikirk, and D. P. Kasilingam, “Integrated circuit antennas,” in Infrared and Millimeter Waves, vol. 10, pp. 1–87, K. J. Button, Ed., Academic Press, Inc., 1983.Google Scholar
- H. Shigesawa, M. Tsuji, and A. A. Oliner, “Conductor-backed slot line and coplanar waveguide: Dangers and full-wave analyses,” 1987 IEEE MTT Int. Symp. Dig., pp. 199–202.Google Scholar
- M. Tsuji, H. Shigesawa, and A. A. Oliner, “Printed-circuit waveguides with anisotropic substrates: a new leakage effect,” 1989 IEEE MTT Int. Symp. Dig., pp. 783–786.Google Scholar
- D. S. Phatak, N. K. Das, and A. P. Defonzo, “Dispersion characteristics of optically excited coplanar striplines: Comprehensive full wave analysis,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory, vol. MTT-38, Nov. 1990, to be published.Google Scholar
- K. A. Michalski, “On the efficient evaluation of integrals arising in the Sommerfeld halfspace problem,” Inst. Elec. Eng. Proc, vol. 132, pt. H, pp. 312–318, Aug. 1985.Google Scholar
- L. B. Felsen and N. Marcuvitz, Radiation and Scattering of Waves, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N. J., 1973.Google Scholar
- A. A. Oliner and K. S. Lee, “The nature of leakage from higher order modes on microstrip line,” 1986 IEEE MTT Int. Symp. Dig., pp. 119–122.Google Scholar