Numerical Modeling of Frequency Dispersive Boundaries in the Time Domain Using Johns Matrix Techniques
In this paper, the time domain representation of frequency dispersive boundaries in TLM field modeling will be described. It is based on the technique of time domain diakoptics introduced by RB. Johns  in 1981, has been generalized in terms of an impulse scattering matrix formulation, and called “Johns Matrix Technique” in memory of this pioneer of the TLM method .
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kron, G. Diakoptics, MacDonald, (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.Braemellar, A., M.N. John, M.R. Scott, Practical Diakoptics for Electrical Networks, Chapman and Hall, London, (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.Happ, H.H., Diakoptics and Networks, Academic Press, New York and London, (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.Eswarappa, Costache, G., Hoefer, W.J.R., TLM Modeling of Dispersive Wideband Absorbing Boundaries with Time Domain Diakoptics for S-Parameter Extraction, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Techniques, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Techniques, Vol. MTT-38, no. 4, (1990).Google Scholar
- 10.Eswarappa, So, P., Hoefer, W.J.R., New Procedures for 2D and 3D Microwave Circuit Modeling with the TLM Method, in 1990 IEEE Intl. Microwave Symp. Dig., Dallas, Texas, May 8–10, (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.Eswarappa, New Developments in the Transmission Line Matrix and the Finite Element Methods for Numerical Modeling of Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Structures, PhD Thesis, University of Ottawa, Canada, (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.Eswarappa, Hoefer, W.J.R., Application of Time Domain Diakoptics to 3-D TLM Method with Symmetrical Condensed Nodes, 1990 IEEE-AP-S Symposium and URSI Meeting, Dallas, Texas, May 7–11, (1990).Google Scholar
- 13.Eswarappa, Hoefer, W.J.R., Novel Field Partitioning Techniques in the Time Domain for Efficient Analysis of Microwave Structures, 1990 Asia Pacific Microwave Conference — APMC ‘90, Tokyo, Japan, Sept. 18–21, (1990).Google Scholar