Sintering characteristics were examined for the Oxidized (subjected to slow oxidation treatment) Cu and the Fresh (not subjected to slow oxidation treatment) Cu ultrafine powders(UFPs). Gas desorption, reduction and densification of two kinds of Cu UFPs during sintering in a vacuum or in a hydrogen atmosphere were discussed.
KeywordsDifferential Thermal Analysis Curve Copper Powder Scanning Electron Microscopy Photograph Ultrafine Powder Sinter Characteristic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.E. Fuchita, M. Oda and S. Kashu, Properties and Applications of Ultra Fine Powders, Proc. 7th Int. Conf. Vacuum Metal. The Iron and Steel Institute of Japan, Tokyo, p973 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Ohno and M. Uda, Generation Rate of Ultrafine Metal Particles in “Hydrogen Plasma-Metal” Reaction, Nippon Kinzoku Gakkaishi, 48: 640 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Ohno and M. Uda, Room Temperature Oxidation of Ultrafine Iron Particles at Low Oxygen Partial Pressures, Nippon Kagaku Kaishi, 924 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Ohno, Y. Sakka, H. Okuyama, K. Honma and M. Ozawa, Synthesis and Characterization of the Mixed Ultrafine Particles of Ni and TiN, Proc. MRS International Meeting on Advanced Materials Vol. 3: (1989)(in press).Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Sakka, T. Uchikoshi and E. Ozawa, Effect of the Slow Oxidation Treatment on the Characteristics of the Ultrafine Metal Powders, ibid., (in press).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Sakka, T. Uchikoshi and E. Ozawa, Gas Evolution and Densification during Sintering of Ultrafine Copper Powders, Nippon Kinzoku Gakkaishi. 53: 422 (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Spilzer and H. Lueth, The Adsorption of Water on Clean and Oxygen Covered Cu(110), ibid., 120: 376 (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Bange, D. E. Grider, T. E. Madey and J. K. Sass, The Surface Chemistry Of H2O on Clean and Oxygen-Covered Cu(110), ibid, 136: 38 (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Sakka, Reduction and Sintering of Ultrafine Copper Powders, J. Mater. Sci. Letters,8: 273 (1989).Google Scholar
- 13.T. Uchikoshi, Y. Sakka and E. Ozawa, Sintering and Gas Release of Ag Ultrafine Powders, Nippon Kinzoku Gakkaishi 53(6):(1989)(in press).Google Scholar
- 14.Y. Sakka, T. Uchikoshi and S. Ohno, Gas Desorption Characteristics of Ag Ultrafine Powders Synthesized by Different Methods, Proc. Japan Congress on Materials Research 32: (1989)(in press).Google Scholar