AC Susceptibility and Inductive Critical Current Measurements in Polycrystalline YBa2Cu307
Polycrystalline sintered specimens of YBa2Cu307 with densities up to 95% and resistivities as low as 150 μΩcm at 100 K were investigated by means of ac susceptibility, resistivity and inductive critical current measurements. The tremendous increase of the transition width in an applied field observed by ac susceptibility measurements is attributed to the anisotropy of the upper critical field of the intragrain material and to the intergrain weak links which become superconducting at different fields and temperatures. The screening and loss behavior of the inter- and intragrain current system determines the ac susceptibility from which weak link properties are obtained by comparison of various specimens prepared following different procedures.
KeywordsWeak Link Critical Current Density Critical Field Flux Line Flux Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S.B.Newcomb, B.A. Glowacki, A.M. Campbell, J.E. Evetts, W.M. Stobbs, to be published in British Ceramic Proceedings 40 (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.S. Jin, T. Tiefel, R. Sherwood, B. van Dover, presented at the Materials Research Society Fall Meeting at Boston, 30 November to 5 December 1987Google Scholar
- 5.R. Flükiger, T. Müller, T. Wolf, I. Apfelstedt, E. Seibt, H. Kupfer, W. Schauer, to be presented at the Int. Conf. on Materials and Mechanisms of Superconductivity at Interlaken, 29 February to 3 March 1988Google Scholar
- 6.T. Wolf, W. Goldacker, I. Apfelstedt, H. Kupfer, R. Flükiger, ibid. Google Scholar
- 9.H. Mazaki, M. Takano, Y. Ikeda, Y. Bando, R. Kanno, Y. Takeda, O. Yamamoto, Jap. J. of Appl. Phys. 26. L1749 (1987)Google Scholar
- 11.A.M. Campbell, J. Phys. C2 1492 (1969)Google Scholar
- 12.J.R. Clem, V.G. Kogan, Proceedings LT 18,1161 Kyoto 1987Google Scholar
- 14.T. Matsushita, B. Ni, Y. Sudo, M. Iwakuma, K. Funaki, M. Takeo, K. Yamafuji, presented at the Japan - US Workshop on High-Field SC. Mater. Nov. 1987Google Scholar
- 15.H. Kupfer, I. Apfelstedt, R. Flükiger, R. Meier-Hirmer, W. Schauer, T. Wolf, H. Wühl, ibid. Google Scholar