Test of Phonon Mediated Pairing from Raman Scattering on High-Temperature Superconductors
A strong enhancement of the Raman activity at frequencies close to twice the superconducting gap can be expected for conventional phonon-mediated pairing of the high temperature superconducting systems. For other pairing mechanisms this effect is absent.
KeywordsPhonon Mode Phonon Frequency Pairing Mechanism Resonant Raman Scattering Phonon Polarization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. I. Balkarei and D. I. Khomskii, Lebedev Institute report 1967 (unpublished).Google Scholar
- J. R. Schrieffer, Theory of Superconductivity (Benjamin, New York 1964 ).Google Scholar
- D. Scalapino, in Superconductivity, ed. by R. D. Parks ( Dekker, New York 1969 ).Google Scholar
- S. Sugai, M. Sato, S. Hosoya, S. Uchida, H. Takagi, K. Kitazawa and S. Tanaka, in Proc. 18th Int. Con! on Low Temperature Physics, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26, Supplement 26–3, 1003 (1987)Google Scholar
- A. V. Bazhenov, A. V. Gorbunov, N. V. Klassen, S. F. Kondakov, I. V. Kukushkin, V. D. Kulakovskii, O. V. Misochko, V. B. Timofeev, L. I. Chernyshova and B. N. Shepel, in Novel Superconductivity,ed. by A. Wolf and V. Kresin (Plenum Press, New York 1987), p. 893, in particular Fig. 4 [the correct page order is 893,895,894,896]Google Scholar