Developmental Perspective on Prevention and Treatment of Suicidal Youth
Each year 5,200 adolescents commit suicide in the United States and 500,000 attempt suicide. This is a national health problem that is selectively affecting our youth.
KeywordsSuicide Rate Borderline Personality Disorder Positive Mental Health Suicidal Adolescent Suicidal Youth
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cantor, P. (1975). The effects of youthful suicide on the family. Psychiatric Opinion, 12, 6–11.Google Scholar
- Cantor. P (1977). Suicide and attempted suicide among students: Problem, prediction and prevention. In P Cantor (Ed.), Understanding a child’s world: Readings in infancy through adolescence. New York: McGraw-Hill, 433-443.Google Scholar
- Cantor, P. (1982). Suicide and depression: A case study, “too sad to live.” In M. Schwarz (Ed.), TV and teens: Experts look at the issues (pp. 175–186). Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Cantor, P. (1983). Depression and suicide in children. In C. E. Walker & M. C. Roberts (Eds.), Handbook of clinical and child psychology (pp. 741–759). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Hendin, H. (1982). Suicide in America. New York: W. W. Norton.Google Scholar
- Husain, S. A., & Vandiver, T. (1984). Suicide in children and adolescents. New York: Spectrum Publications.Google Scholar
- Motto, J. (1985). Treatment concerns in preventing youth suicide. In M. L. Peck, N. L. Farberow, & R. E. Litman (Eds.), Youth suicide (pp. 91–111). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Nicholi, A. M., Jr. (1978). The adolescent. In A. M. Nicholi, Jr. (Ed.), Harvard guide to modern psychiatry (pp. 519–541). Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Weeks, E., & Mack, J. (1978). The child. In A. M. Nicholi, Jr. (Ed.), Harvard guide to modern psychiatry (pp. 519–541). Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Weiner, I. (1970). Psychological disturbance in adolescence (pp. 157–197). New York: Wiley-Inter-science.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1991