Accurate Structural Characterization of ZrN Coatings and Epitaxial Layers by X-Ray Diffraction Using the DOSOPHATEX System
Thin film characterization by X-Ray methods is often difficult because of the problems of preferred crystal orientations and residual stresses. For example, it is well known that coatings made by physical vapor deposition are very strongly textured so that measurements of residual stress by classical X-Ray methods are very inaccurate. Furthermore, the characterization of epitaxial thin layers of semi-conductors requires very accurate determination of crystal orientations and interfacial misfits.
KeywordsResidual Stress Pole Figure Epitaxial Layer GaAs Layer ZnSe Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Y. Fillit, H. Bruyas and F. Patay. Europatent 0161992.Google Scholar
- 2.J. P. Terrat, P. Fort, R. Y. Fillit, T. Naito and M. Hitomi. I. T. C.90 Nagoya.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Y. Fillit, A. J. Perry and S. Strandberg. Thin Solid Film, in press.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Barral, J. L. Lebrun, J. M. Sprauel and G. Maeder. Met. Trans. 18A (1987) 1229.Google Scholar
- 10.B. A. Lombos, M. Bartkowski, M. Buchbinder, D. Cote and J. P. Dodelet. 5th Photovoltaic Solar Conference, W. Palz and F. Fittipaldi Editors, D. Reidel Co. (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.I. C. Bassignana, A.-J. SpringThorpe and C.-C. Tan. Inst. Phys. Conf., Ser. No 91(3) (1987) 267.Google Scholar
- 15.D. Cossement, N. Guelton, E. Koskiahde, R. Y. Fillit, R. Saint. Jacques and J. P. Dodelet. 5th Canadian Semiconductor Technology. Conference Ottawa Canada august 14-16, 1990.Google Scholar
- 16.R. Y. Fillit, J. P. Dodelet and D. Cossement. J. Appl. Cryst. in press.Google Scholar