Amino Acid Sequence Data and Evolutionary Relationships among Hystricognaths and Other Rodents
Part of the NATO Advanced Science Institutes (ASI) Series book series (NSSA, volume 92)
The study of metabolic pathways and of biomacromolecules like proteins and nucleic acids supplies molecular data useful for deriving evolutionary relationships between taxa.
KeywordsParsimonious Tree Spiny Mouse Pancreatic Ribonuclease Amino Acid Sequence Data Muroid Rodent
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bajaj, M., Blundell, T. L. and Wood, S. P. 1984. Evolution in the insulin family: molecular clocks that tell the wrong time. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 12.Google Scholar
- Baldwin, E. 1949. An Introduction to Comparative Biochemistry, 3rd edition, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Beintema, J. J. and Martena, B. 1982. Primary structure of porcupine (Hystrix cristata) pancreatic ribonuclease. Close relationship between African porcupine (an Old World hystricomorph) and New World caviomorphs. Mammalia 46: 253–257.Google Scholar
- Beintema, J. J., Scheffer, A. J., van Dijk, H., Welling, G. W. and Zwiers, H. 1973. Pancreatic ribonuclease: distribution and comparison in mammals. Nature (New Biol.) 241: 76–78.Google Scholar
- Dayhoff, M. O. 1976b. Atlas of Protein Sequence and Structure, Vol. 5, Suppl. 2. National Biomedical Research Foundation, Washington, D. C.Google Scholar
- Dayhoff, M. O. 1978. Atlas of Protein Sequence and Structure, Vol. 5, Suppl. 3. National Biomedical Research Foundation, Washington, D. C.Google Scholar
- Goodman, M., Romero-Herrera, A. E., Dene, H., Czelusniak, J. and Tashian, R. E. 1982. Amino acid sequence evidence on the phylogeny of primates and other eutherians. In: Macromolecular Sequences in Systematic and Evolutionary Biology, M. Goodman, ed., pp. 115–191, Plenum Press, New York.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Markussen, J. 1971. Mouse insulins-separation and structures. Int. J. Pept. Prot. Res. 3: 149–155.Google Scholar
- Starace, V. and Querinjean, P. 1975. The primary structure of a rat K Bence Jones protein: Phylogenetic relationships of V-and C-region genes. J. Immunol. 75: 59–62.Google Scholar
- Stryer, L. 1981. Biochemistry, 2nd ed. W. H. Freeman and Company, San Francisco.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1985