Divalent Metals and Cancer
The carcinogenic action of some metals was known long ago. However, their specific role remained obscure. The enormous role of metals in cancer development as all levels of biological functioning has been revealed during the last ten years. The beginning of these investigations should be dated back to 1969[1,2] when our papers devoted to the additional incorporation of metal ions in nucleic acids of transformed cells as compared to the norm were published.
KeywordsCircular Dichroism Spectrum Divalent Metal Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR Polynucleotide Chain Mammary Gland Cancer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. L.Andronikashvili, Preprint of the Institute of Physics, Acad.Sci.of Georgian SSR, (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.E. L. Andronikashvili, L. M. Mosulishvili, A. I. Belokobylski, V. P. Manjgaladze, N. E. Kharabadze, E. Yu. Efremova, Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, 195,4, 979–982 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.C. P. Flessel, A. Furst, S. B. Radding, Comparison of carcinogenic metals, in: “Metal Ions in Biological Systems,” Marcel Dekker Inc., N. Y. and Basel, v.10, pp. 24–54 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.E. L. Andronikashvili and L. M. Mosulishvili, Human leukemia and trace elements, in: “Metal Ions in Biological Systems,” Marcel Dekker Inc., N. Y. and Basel, v.10, pp. 167–206 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.L. V. Popova and S. V. Mazukha, Proc. of Voronezh Medical Institute, 94: 58 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.L. K. Tkeshelashvili, I. S. Mepisashvili, L. M. Mosulishvili, and N. E. Kuchava, in: “Radiation Investigations,”Tbilisi, “Metsniereba,” 11:25–31 (1975);Google Scholar
- L. K. Tkeshelashvili, I. S. Mepisashvili, L. M. Mosulishvili, N. E. Kuchava, and J. N. Novikova, in: “Radiation Investigations,” Tbilisi, “Metsniereba,” 11:33–50 (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.E. L. Andronikashvili, L. M. Mosulishvili, L. K. Tkeshelashvili, A. N. Rcheulishvili, and A. E. Matevosyan, Bull.Experim. Biologii i Meditsiny, 82: 11 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.W. E. Walker and B. L. Vallee, J.Biol.Chemistry, 234: 3257 (1959).Google Scholar
- 13.J. R. Monaselidze, Z. I. Chanchalashvili, G. N. Mgeladze, G. V. Majagaladze, and D. K. Tsitsishvili, Proc.VII All-Union Conf.on Calorimetry, Chernogolovka, 415 (1977).Google Scholar
- 14.Z. I. Chanchalashvili, G. V. Majagaladze, G. N. Mgeladze, and J. R. Monaselidze, Conformational Changes of Biopolymers in Solutions, Proc.III All-Union Conf., Tbilisi, “Metsniereba,” p. 86 (1975).Google Scholar