Special Problems of the Smelter Industry
Within the context of the subject of this symposium “Pollution: Engineering and Scientific Solutions”, this paper gives no consideration to economics and their effect on the utilization of engineering and scientific solution which have been proposed for the smelter industry.
KeywordsSulphur Oxide Emission Standard Elemental Sulphur Copper Smelter Smelting Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.L. Duprey: “The Status of SOx Emission Limitations” Chemical Engineering Progress Vol. 68 No. 2, February 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.Bureau of Mines Information Circular IC 8527 1971; Control of Sulphur Oxide Emissions in Copper, Lead and Zinc Smelting.Google Scholar
- 3.W.O. Alexander PhD. F.I.M.: “A Brief Review of the Development of the Copper, Zinc and Brass Industries in Great Britain from AD 1500 to 1900”. REVIEW Vol. 1 No. 15, 1955 Published by Murex Limited.Google Scholar
- 4.G.M. Meisel: “Sulphur Recovery from Metallurgical Fluegas, Survey and Economics: Paper No. A72–86 A.I.M.E. Annual Meeting San Francisco 1972.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Dasher: “The Copper Smelter: Revolutionize or Replace”. Paper No. A72–18 A.I.M.E. Annual Meeting San Francisco 1972.Google Scholar