The Properties of Poly(Ethylene Naphthalate) (PEN) and its Application
TEIJIN Ltd. entered on the investigation of 2,6-naphthalene dicarboxilic acid (NDA) containing polymers in early 1960s. We have devoted a great deal of effort to the research and development toward its industrial application since then. Our research area has ranged from monomer synthesis to polymerization, fabrication processes and application technology. Finally we commercialized Poly(ethylene naphthalene) (PEN) in 1990 first in the world.
KeywordsRing Center Persistence Length Butylene Terephthalate Chain Stiffness Orientational Relaxation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Sadanobu and M. Tsukioka, Proceedings of ANTEC’97 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.J. P. Flory, “Statistical Mechanics of Chain Molecules”, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1969.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Yamakawa, “Modem Theory of Polymer Solution”, Harper & Row, New York, 1971.Google Scholar
- 5.Z. Mencik, Chemicky Prumysl., 17: 78 (1967)Google Scholar
- 7.R.P. de Daubeny, C.W. Bunn and C.J. Brown, Proc. Roy. Soc, A226:531 (1954).Google Scholar