High Pressure H218O Target for the Production of [18F]Fluoride Ion
Positron emission tomography (PET) plays an important role in clinical research as well as an ever increasing role in the diagnosis and staging of several disease states. The expansion of PET will demand the production of greater quantities of short-lived radiopharmaceuticals and thus the need for increased isotope production. In order to meet the supply needs of the PET community, new methods must be developed to economically achieve the required quantities of short-lived isotopes using the current in-house isotope production equipment (cyclotrons, accelerators) or low cost, low energy accelerators.
KeywordsPositron Emission Tomography Target System Resin Column Target Body Vent Valve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Firouzbakht, M.L., Schlyer, D.J., Gatley, S.J. and Wolf, A.P., 1993, A cryogenic solid target for the production of [18F]fluoride from enriched [18O]carbon dioxide, J. Nucl. Med. 34: P69.Google Scholar
- Gee, A.D. and Gillings, N., 1994, High pressure liquid 18F-fluoride target systems — effect of HPLC water quality on radiochemical yields., J. Lab. Comp. Radiopharm. in press.Google Scholar
- Hughey, B.J., Shefer, R.E., Klinkowstein, R.E., Welch, M.J., Dence, CS. and Livini, E., 1992, A novel cryogenic oxygen-18 target for the production of fluorine-18, J. Nucl. Med. 33: 932.Google Scholar
- Nickels, R.J., Daube, M.E. and Hutchins, G.D., 1982, Smaller, colder targets, J Lab.Comp. Ratiopharm. 19: 1364–1365.Google Scholar
- Ruth, T.J. and Wolf, A.P., 1979, Absolute cross sections for the production of 18F via the 18O(p,n)18F reaction, Radiochimica Acta 26: 21–24.Google Scholar
- Sajjad, M., Lambrecht, R.M. and Wolf, A.P., 1986, Cyclotron isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. XXXVII. Excitation functions for 16O(p,α)13N and 14N(p,pn)13N reactions, Radiochimica Acta 39: 165–168.Google Scholar
- Wieland, B.W., Alvord, C.W., Bida, G.T., Hendry, G.O. and Morelle, J.-L., 1991, New liquid target systems for the production of [fluorine-18]fluoride ion and [nitrogen-13]ammonium ion with 11 MeV protons, Proceedings 4th Workshop on Targetry and Target Chemistry.Google Scholar
- Wieland, D.M. and Wolf, A.P., 1983, Large-scale production and recovery of aqueous (F-18)fluoride using proton bombardment of a small-volume (O-18)water target, J. Nucl. Med. 24: 122.Google Scholar