Powerful Partnerships: Linkages between HR and Strategic Business Activities in the Delaware Valley
The challenge of the 80’s was seen as effectively linking human resource planning to business planning and strategic activities (Burack, 1986). The current literature offers the same prescription for organizations which want to be able to survive the accelerating change and instability of the business environment going into the 1990’s.
KeywordsBusiness Planning Business Line Strategic Business Human Resource Professional Human Resource Planning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Buller, Paul, “Successful Partnerships: HR and Strategic Planning at Eight Top Firms”, Organizational Dynamics, (Autumn, 1988) pp.27-43.Google Scholar
- Burak, E, “Corporate Business and Human Resources Planning Practices: Strategic Issues and Concerns” Organizational Dynamics, (Summer, 1986) pp.73-86.Google Scholar
- Golden K. & Ramanujam, V., “Between a Dream and a Nightmare: On the Integration of the Human Resource Management and the Strategic Business Planning Process”, Human Resource Management, Vol. 24, 1985.Google Scholar
- Kelly, T., “Strategic Partnerships in HRM”, Personnel Administrator, (January, 1989) pp.76-82.Google Scholar
- Nkomo, S., “The Theory and Practice of HR Planning: The Gap Still Remains”, Personnel Administrator, (August, 1986) pp.71-84.Google Scholar
- Nkomo, S., “Prescription vs. Practice: The State of Human Resource Planning in Large U.S. Organizations”, Southern Management Association Proceedings, 1984.Google Scholar
- Portwood, James, “Process Management vs. Problem Solving: Choosing an Appropriate Perspective for Evaluating Human Resource Systems,” in Creating the Competitive Edge Through Human Resources Applications, Niehaus, R. and Price, C., Ed., Plenum Press, 1989, pp.181-191.Google Scholar
- Rhodes, D. “Can HR Respond to Corporate Strategy?”, The Journal of Business Studies, March/April, 1988.Google Scholar
- Ulrich, D. & Yeung, A., “A Shared Mindset”, Personnel Administrator, (March 1989) pp.38-45.Google Scholar