Effect of The Void-Fraction on the Property of the Nb3Sn Cable-in-Conduit Conductor
The properties of Nb3Sn cable-in-conduit conductor were investigated experimentally with the void fraction and the cross-sectional shape as the parameters. As the result of a series of experiment, it was concluded that the critical void fraction value existed between 40% and 36% from both viewpoints of instability and critical current degradation. It was also found out that the circular cross-sectional conductors have better properties than the rectangular ones from the same viewpoints.
KeywordsVoid Fraction Critical Current International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor Sample Conductor Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Takahashi, T. Ando, T. Hiyama, H. Tsuji, E. Tada, M. Nishi, K. Yoshida, K. Okuno, K. Koizumi, H. Nakajima, T. Kato, K. Kawano, M. Oshikiri, Y. Hattori, R. Takahashi, S. Kamiya, Y. Ohgane and S. Shimamoto, “Development of 12 T-10 kA Al-stabilized Nb3Sn conductor for TMC-II”, IEEE Trans. on Mag., Vol. MAG-21, No. 2, pp. 157–160 (1985).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.M. Nishi, Y. Takahashi, T Isono, M. Konno, K. Yoshida, K. Koizumi, E. Tada, H. Tsuji, K. Okuno, T. Ando, Y. Itou, H. Mukai and I. Itoh, “Development of the proto-type conductors and design of the test coil for the fusion experimental reactor”, Proc. of 13th Symp. on Fusion Engineering, pp. 780–783 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Ando, K. Okuno, H. Nakajima, K. Yoshida, T. Hiyama, H. Tsuji, Y. Takahashi, M. Nishi, E. Tada, K. Koizumi, T. Kato, M. Sugimoto, T. Isono, K. Kawano, M. Konno, J. Yoshida, H. Ishida, E. Kawagoe, Y. Kamiyauchi, Y. Matsuzaki, H. Shirakata and S. Shimamoto, “Experimental results of the Nb3Sn demo poloidal coil (DPC-EX)”, IEEE Trans. on Mag., Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 2060–2063 (1991).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.T. Isono, Y. Takahashi, K. Yoshida, K. Okuno, N. Koizumi, M. Sugimoto, M. Nishi, H. Nakajima, T. Hiyama, T. Kato, K. Kawano, H. Hiue, M. Ono, E. Kawagoe, H. Ishida, J. Yoshida, Y. Kamiyauchi, M. Oshikiri, H. Hanawa, H. Ohuchi, F. Tajiri, T. Hosoya, N. Watahiki, T. Ando, H. Tsuji, M. Konno, T. Ueda, I. Itoh, K. Sasaki, N. Aoki and E. Suzuki, “Critical current measurements using 13-T split coils and 100-kA superconducting transformer”, IEEE Trans. on Mag., Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 1839–1842 (1991).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.M. Nishi, T. Ando, T. Isono, M. Sugimoto, N. Koizumi, K. Yoshida, K. Kawano, Y. Takahashi, M. Ono, H. Tsuji, M. Ban, K. Oishi, H. Ii and M. Ikeda, “Development of a 240 nun bore-13 T superconducting coil for large scale conductor testing”, IEEE Trans. on Mag., Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 597–600 (1992).CrossRefGoogle Scholar