3K Double-Orifice Two-Stage Pulse Tube Refrigerator
Based on the analysis of heat transfer and fluid flow in the staged pulse tube, a novel phase-shifter named secondary(minor) orifice was firstly introduced between the reservoir of the final stage pulse tube and the inlet line of the helium compressor, so as to eliminate the anomalous temperature distribution along the pulse tube. The influence of construction and operating parameters on cooling performance of the machine was experimentally studied. Finally a refrigerating temperature as low as 3.0K has been obtained by a two-staged pulse tube refrigerator with the double-orifice configuration.
KeywordsLiquid Helium Temperature Pulse Tube Inlet Line Pulse Tube Refrigerator Pulse Tube Cooler
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Ishizaki, et al. Experimental performance of modified pulse tube refrigerator below 80K down 23K, 7th Intl. Cryocooler Conf. Proceeding, Part 1, (1993), p. 140Google Scholar
- 5.T. Shigi, et al, Anomaly of one stage double-inlet pulse tube refrigerator, Proceedings of ICEC/ICMC 16, Elsevier Science, Part 1, (1997), p. 263Google Scholar
- 6.C. Wang, Y. Ju and Y. Zhou, Experimental investigation of a two-stage pulse tube refrigerator, Cryogenics, 36: 606 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.L.M. Qiu and G.B. Chen, Adiabatic model and experimental verification of a two-stage double-orifice pulse tube refrigerator reached liquid helium temperatures, CEC/ICMC, Portland, USA (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.G.B. Chen, J.Y. Zheng, L.M. Qiu, et al. Modification test of staged pulse tube refrigerator for temperatures below 4K, Cryogenics, (1997), in PressGoogle Scholar