Design and Performance of KEKB Superconducting Cavities and its Cryogenic System
The installation of the superconducting rf acceleration cavities and deflection crab cavities to the KEKB have been proposed and the R&D studies have been carried out extensively at KEK. The satellite refrigeration scheme is considered for the cryogenic system for the superconducting crab cavities. The R&D studies of the satellite refrigeration system and the high performance transfer line for this system have been started at KEK.
KeywordsLiquid Helium Transfer Line Refrigeration System Straight Section Helium Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.K. Hosoyama et al., Cryogenic system for the TRISTAN superconducting RF cavities: performance test and present status, in: “Advances in Cryogenic Engineering”, Vol.35, Plenum Press, New York, (1990), p.933Google Scholar
- 3.K. Hosoyama et al., Cryogenic system for TRISTAN superconducting RF cavities: upgrading and present status, in: “Advances in Cryogenic Engineering”, Vol.37, Plenum Press, New York,(1992), p.683Google Scholar
- 4.K. Hosoyama et al., Cryogenic system for TRISTAN superconducting RF cavities: Description and Operating Experience, in: “ICEC 16 / ICMC Proceedings”, Elsevier Science, New York,(1992), p. 183Google Scholar
- 5.“KEKB B-Factory Design Report”, KEK Report 95–7, August 1995, AGoogle Scholar
- 6.T. Fumya et al., Beam test of a superconducting damped cavity for KEKB, in: “Proceedings of Particle Accelerator Conferencce”, May 1997 VancouverGoogle Scholar
- 7.R. B. Palmer, SLAC-PUB 4707 (1988)Google Scholar
- 9.K. Hosoyama et al., “Crab cavity for KEKB”, Proc. 7th Workshop on superconductivity (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Akai, J. Kirchgessner, D. Moffat, H. Padamsee, J. Sears and M. Tigner, Proc. IEEE Part. Accel. Conf. (1993)Google Scholar
- 11.C. Rode et al., Energy Doubler refrigeration system, in: “IEEE Trans. Nucl.Sci., Vol.NS-27, No.3, (1977), p.1328Google Scholar
- 12.P.C. Vander Arend, Helium refrigeration system for Fremilab energy doubler, in “Advances in Cryogenic Engineering”, Vol., Plenum Press, New York,(1977), p.420Google Scholar