A mixture of 14 g (0.1 mole) of methyl 5-methyl-2-furoate (see p. 23), b.p. 97–99°/12 mm, and 22 ml of 22% aqueous sodium hydroxide solution was prepared in a 100-m1 round-bottomed flask fitted with mercury-sealed stirrer and reflux condenser.
KeywordsHeterocyclic Compound Sodium Hydroxide Solution Boiling Water Bath Reflux Condenser Crystalline Substance
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.H. B. Hill and W. L. Jennings, Am. Chem. J. 15, 167 (1893);Google Scholar
- I. J. Rinkes, Rec. tray. chim. 49, 1118 (1930);Google Scholar
- C. A. 9509 (1931).Google Scholar
- 2.K. Maekawa, J. Fac. Agr. Kyushu Univ. 9, 140 (1949);Google Scholar
- C. A. 48, 2029g (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.J. R. Williard and C. S. Hamilton, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 75, 2370 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.W. R. Kirner and G. H. Richter, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 51, 3131 (1929);Google Scholar
- M. M. Runde, E. W. Scott, and J. R. Johnson, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 52, 1284 (1930).Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Mndzhoian and M. G. Grigorian, Doklady Akad. Nauk Arm. SSR (Proc. Acad. Sci. Armenian SSR) 17, 167 (1953).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1959