An integral part of project management of information systems is planning for the maintenance of the system at the conclusion of implementation. The first step is to determine when the project is officially over and transition the system to the personnel who will maintain it.
KeywordsTeam Member Project Team Complexity Theory Complex Adaptive systemS System Maintenance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mintzer R. The Everything Project Management Book. Avon, MA: Adams Media Corporation, 2002.Google Scholar
- 2.Begun J, Zimmerman B, Dooley K. Health care organizations as complex adaptive systems. In: Advances in Health Care Organization Theory. Mick SM, Wyttenbach M, eds. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2002.Google Scholar
- 3.Complex Systems Glossary. http://www.calresco.org/glossary.htm (September 14, 2003).Google Scholar
- 4.Highsmith J. Retiring lifecycle dinosaurs, using adaptive software development to meet the challenges of a high-speed, high-change environment. Software Testing and Quality Engineering (serial on-line). 2000;2(4):22–28. Available at http://www.adaptivesd.com (September 14, 2003).Google Scholar
- 5.Stacey RD. Complexity and Creativity in Organizations. San Francisco: BerrettKoehler Publishers, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.Wheatley MJ. Leadership and the New Science Finding Order in a Chaotic World. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 1999.Google Scholar
- 9.Zimmerman B, Lindberg C, Plsek P. Edgeware Insights from Complexity Science for Health Care Leaders. Irving, TX: VHA, Inc., 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.Pascale R, Millemann M, Gioja L. Surfing the Edge of Chaos. The Laws of Nature and the New Laws of Business. New York: Crown Business, 2000.Google Scholar
- 12.Pascale R. Surfing the edge of chaos. Sloan Management Review 1999; 40 (3): 83–94.Google Scholar
- 13.Gillon SM. Unintended consequences: why our plans don’t go according to plan. Futurist 2001; 35 (2): 49–55.Google Scholar
- 15.Highsmith J. Order for free. Software Development (serial on-line). 1998;80. Available at http://www.adaptivesd.com/publicat.htm (December 12, 2001).Google Scholar