Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Summary of Changes
Angiosarcoma and malignant mesenchymoma are no longer included in the list of histologic types for this site.
Gastrointestinal stromal tumor and Ewing’s sarcoma/primitive neuroectodermal tumor have been added to the list of histologic types for this site.
Fibrosarcoma grade I has been replaced by fibromatosis (desmoid tumor) in the list of histologic types not included in this site.
G 1–2, T2b, NO MO tumors have been reclassified as Stage I rather than Stage II disease.
KeywordsSoft Tissue Sarcoma Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Synovial Sarcoma Desmoid Tumor Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gaynor JJ, Tan CC, Casper ES, Collin CF, Friedrich C, Shiu MH, et al: Refinement of clinicopathologic staging for localized soft tissue sarcoma of the extremity: a study of 423 adults. J Clin Oncol 10:1317–1329, 1993Google Scholar
- Guillou L, Coindre JM, Bonichon F, Bui NB, Terrier P, Collin CF, et al: Comparative study of the National Cancer Institute and French Federation of Cancer Centers Sarcoma Group grading systems in a population of 410 adult patients with soft tissue sarcoma. J Clin Oncol 15:350–362, 1997PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Pisters PWT, Pollock RE: Prognostic factors in soft tissue sarcoma. In Gospodarowicz M, O’Sullivan B (Eds.) UICC: prognostic factors in cancer. New York: Wiley, in pressGoogle Scholar
- Van Glabbeke M, van Oosterom AT, Oosterhuis JW, Mouridsen H, Crowther D, Somers R, Verwij J, Santoro A, Buesa J, Tursz T: Prognostic factors for the outcome of chemotherapy in advanced soft tissue sarcoma: an analysis of 2185 patients treated with anthracycline-containing first-line regimens—European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma group study. J Clin Oncol 17(1):150–157, 1999PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Weiss, SW, Goldblum, JR: Enzinger and Weiss’s soft tissue tumor, 4th ed. Philadelphia: Mosby-Harcourt Brace, 2001Google Scholar