Electron-Phonon Interaction: The Effect of Magnetism on Lattice Vibrations
Based on the results of Chapter 4, in Chapters 5–7 we discuss how closely the phonon and elasticity properties and the magnetic properties are related in a metal. We start our discussion by exploring how directly the magnetic property of a metal is reflected in its phonon spectrum and elastic property. A more thorough discussion of this subject based on the results of this and the next chapters will be given in Chapter 7.
KeywordsSound Velocity Lattice Vibration Phonon Frequency Charge Density Wave Ferromagnetic State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.1M. Hayase, M. Shiga and Y. Nakamura, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 34 (1973) 925.Google Scholar
- 5.6D. J. Kim, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 40 (1976) 1244, 1250.Google Scholar
- 5.9A. A. Maradudin, E. W. Montroll, G. H. Weiss and I. P. Ipatova, Theory of Lattice Dynamics in the Harmonic Approximation. Second Edition. Solid State Physics Suppl.3 ( Academic, New York, 1971 ).Google Scholar
- 5.10W. Jones and N. H. March, Theoretical Solid State Physics, vol. 1 ( Wiley-Interscience, London, 1973 ).Google Scholar
- 5.12L. J. Sham and J. M. Ziman, in Solid State Physics,eds. F. Seitz and D. Turnbull (Academic, New York, 1963) vol.15.Google Scholar
- 5.16[4.2] p. 101.Google Scholar
- 5.17Kazunori Suzuki, M. S. thesis, Aoyama Gakuin University (1980) (unpublished).Google Scholar
- 5.19R. M. Bozorth, Ferromagnetism (Van, Nostrand, Princeton, 1951 )Google Scholar
- 5.20E. P. Wohlfarth, Private communication (1986).Google Scholar
- J. A. J. Lourens and H. L. Alberts, Proc. of International Conference on the Physics of Transition Metals. eds. P. M. Oppeneer and J. Küber ( World Scientific, Singapore, 1993 ) P. 630.Google Scholar