Characteristics of Specific Radiopharmaceuticals
In Chapter 6 the general principles of labeling methods, particularly iodina-tion and 99mTc-labeling, have been discussed, and kit preparation for formulation of 99mTc-radiopharmaceuticals has been described. In this chapter the practical aspects of preparation, labeling yield, stability, storage conditions, and other characteristics of radiopharmaceuticals most commonly used in nuclear medicine will be discussed.
KeywordsLabel Efficiency Stannous Chloride Label Yield Acid Citrate Dextrose Mallinckrodt Medical
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Suggested Reading
- Abrams MJ, Davison A, Jones AG, et al. Synthesis and characterization of hexakis (alkylisocyanide) and hexakis (arylisocyanide complexes of Technetium (I). Inorg Chem. 1983; 22:2798.Google Scholar
- Eckelman WC, Stiegman J, Paik CH. Radiopharmaceutical chemistry. In: Harpert J, Eckelman WC, Neumann RD, eds, Nuclear Medicine: Diagnosis and Therapy. New York: Thieme Medical; 1996:217.Google Scholar
- Edwards DS, Cheeseman EH, Watson MW, et al. Synthesis and characterization of technetium and rhenium complexes of N, N’-l, 2-diethylenediylbis-L-cysteine. Neurolites and its metabolites. In: Nicolini M, Bandoli G, Mazzi U, eds. Technetium and Rhenium in Chemistry and Nuclear Medicine. Verona, Italy: Cortina International; 1990; 433.Google Scholar
- Fritzberg AR, Kasina S, Eshima D, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of technetium-99m MAG3 as hippuran replacement. J Nucl Med. 1986; 27:11.Google Scholar
- Luxen A, Bida GT, Phelps ME, et al. Synthesis of enantiomerically pure D and L 6-[F-18] fluorodopa and in vivo metabolites via regioselective fluorodemercuration. J Nucl Med. 1987; 28:624.Google Scholar
- Package inserts of various kits available from commercial suppliers.Google Scholar
- Sodd VJ, Allen DR, Hoagland DR, et al., eds. Radiopharmaceuticals II. New York: Society of Nuclear Medicine; 1979.Google Scholar
- Thakur ML, Coleman RE, Welch MJ. Indium-Ill-labeled leukocytes for the localization of abscesses: preparation, analysis, tissue distribution and comparison with gallium-67 citrate in dogs. J Lab Clin Med. 1977; 82:217.Google Scholar
- U.S. Pharmacopeia XXVIII. United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Rockville, MD; 1996.Google Scholar
- Welch MJ, ed. Radiopharmaceuticals and Other compounds Labelled with Short-Lived Radionuclides. New York: Pergamon Press; 1977.Google Scholar
- Zuckier LS, Rodriguez LD, Scharff MD. Immunologic and pharmacologic concepts of monoclonal antibodies. Semin Nucl Med. 1990; 20:166.Google Scholar