This chapter will cover some additional important uses for food fats and oils. It could be titled “Food Processor Uses,” because it is basically an overview of the technology and utilization of fats and oils in relatively large quantities. Obviously it cannot be an in-depth study of each specific industry but should be considered a guide for use especially by food technologists in allied industries, suppliers to the food processing industries, their customers, and interested students.
KeywordsCocoa Butter Mono Calcium Phosphate Hard Butter Sour Cream Level Control System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Institute of Shortening Edible Oils. 1988. Food Fats and Oils, 6th ed. Institute of Shortening and Edible Oils, Washington, DC: pp. 21–22.Google Scholar
- 2.Institute of Shortening Edible Oils. 1988. Food Fats and Oils, 6th ed. Institute of Shortening and Edible Oils, Washington, DC: p. 22.Google Scholar
- 3.Applewhite, T. 1985. Bailey’s Industrial Oil and Fat Products, Vol. 3, New York: Wiley-Interscience, pp. 77–86.Google Scholar
- 4.Swern, D. 1982. Bailey’s Industrial Oil and Fat Products, Vol. 1, 4th ed. New York: Wiley-Interscience, pp. 322–332.Google Scholar
- 5.USDA. 1971. Federal and State Standards for the Composition of Milk Products and Certain Non-Milkfat Products. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.Google Scholar