LDV-Signal-Analysis for Particle Velocity and Size Detection Using Geometrical Optics
The paper presents a three dimensional direct geometrical simulation of laser light beams split into differential light rays being treated as waves, interacting with a spherical particle to study light scattering characteristics depending on all relevant measuring and particle parameters of a LDV measurement system.
KeywordsFringe Pattern Geometrical Optic Detector Plane Size Detection Laser Doppler Velocimeter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.D.G. Fergusson, I.G. Currie, Theoretical evaluation of LDA-techniques for two-phase flow measurements, in Proc. of the 3rd Int. Symp. on Appl. of LDA to Fluid Mechanics, Lisbon, Portugal (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.H.C. van de Hulst, in “Light scattering by small particles”, John Wiley & Sons, New York (1957).Google Scholar
- 10.F. Durst, M. Zaré, Laser-Doppler measurements in two-phase flows, SFB-report No. 80/TM/63, University of Karlsruhe (1975).Google Scholar
- 12.W.D. Bachalo, M.J. Houser, Analysis and testing of a new method for drop size measurement using light scatter interferometry, Report no. NAS3-23684, NASA Lewis Research Center (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Saffman, P. Buchhave, H. Tanger, Simultaneous measurement of size, concentration and velocity of spherical particles by a laser-Doppler method, Proc. 2nd. Int. Symp. on Apl. of LDA to Fluid Mech. (1984).Google Scholar
- 14.Y. Hardalupas, Phase-Doppler anemometry for simultaneous particle size and velocity measurement, Imp. College of Science and Technology, Report no. FS/86/14 (1986).Google Scholar
- 17.K. Ohba, H. Matsuyama, Simultaneous measurement of size and velocity of large particles, Proc. of the 3rd. Int. Symp. on Appl. of LDA to Fluid Mechanics, Lisbon, Portugal (1986).Google Scholar
- 18.A. Chartellier, J.L. Achard, Limitations of the classical LDA formula for velocity measurements for large particles in two-phase suspension flows, Phys. Chem. Hydrodynamics, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp, 463 (1985).Google Scholar
- 20.F. Durst, A. Melling, J.H. Whitelaw, “Principles and Practice of laser-Doppler Anemometry”, Academic Press, London (1981).Google Scholar