Discharge Control and Evolution in TFTR
The Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor (TFTR) was designed to explore plasma confinement and heating at reactor-like parameters. Since the first plasma in December 1982, considerable progress has been made in this endeavor. During the run period ending April 13, 1985, operation of both the toroidal field and plasma current at full design parameters was achieved. The plasma parameters achieved are summarized in Table 1.
KeywordsPlasma Current Ohmic Heating Vacuum Vessel Minor Radius Neutral Beam Injection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Ulrickson et al., Performance of the TFTR Moveable Limiter Tiles, in Proc. of the 1st International Conference on Fusion Reactors Materials, Tokyo, 1984. ( J. Nucl. Mater, to be published.Google Scholar
- 4.P.C. Efthimion et al., Confinement Studies of Ohmically-Heated Plasmas in TFTR, in Plasma Physics and Controlled Nuclear Fusion, IAEA, Vienna, 1984, IAEA-CN-44/A-I-2.Google Scholar
- 5.S.S. Medley et al., Periscope-Camera System for Visible and Infrared Imaging diagnostics on TFTR, PPPL-2219 (1985) accepted for publication by Rev. Sci. Instrum.Google Scholar
- 8.H.F. Dylla, Partial Pressure Analysis of Plasmas, in Proc. IX International Vacuum Congress and V International Conference on Solid Surfaces, Madrid, 1983 ( A.S.E.V.A., Madrid, 1983 ).Google Scholar
- 9.R.A. Hulse, Numerical Studies of Impurities in Fusion Plasmas, Nucl. Technol./Fusion 3: 259 (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.H.F. Dylla et al., Chromium Getter Studies in TFTR, in Proc. 32nd National Symposium of the American Vacuum Society, Houston, 1985. ( J. Vac. Sci. Technol. to be published. )Google Scholar
- M. Kikuchi, Basic Principle of Constant qa Current Build-up in Tokamaks, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory, Princeton University, PPPL-2216 (1985).Google Scholar
- 15.R.J. Hawryluk, An Empirical Approach to Tokamak Transport of Plasmas in Proc. of the Course on Physics of Plasmas Close to Thermonuclear Conditions (Varenna, Italy), Report EUR-FU- BRU/XII/476/80.Google Scholar
- 22.H. Niedermeyer et al., Change of Plasma Properries Prior to High Density Disruptions in ASDEX, Max-Planck-Institut fur Plasmaphysik, Garching, Report IPP-111/80 (Oct. 1983).Google Scholar