The Particle-Vibration Coupling Mechanism
Part of the Ettore Majorana International Science Series book series (EMISS, volume 10)
In my talk, I would like to discuss how a number of physical phenomena within the field of nuclear structure can be related and interpreted on the basis of the particle-vibration coupling mechanism1.
KeywordsFull Width Half Maximum Giant Resonance Highly Excite State Niels Bohr Institute Correlate Ground State
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.Bohr and B.R.Mottelson, Nuclear Structure, Vol. II, Benjamin, New York (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.R.A.Broglia, B.R.Mottelson, D.R.Bes, R.J.Liotta and H.Sofia, Phys. Lett. 64B: 29 (1976);Google Scholar
- P.F.Bortignon, R.A.Broglia, D.R.Bes and R.Liotta, Phys. Rev. 30C: 305 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.A.Vitturi, in these proceedings;Google Scholar
- E.Maglione, in these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 5.D.R.Bes, R.A.Broglia and B.Nilsson, Phys. Rep. 16C: 1 (1975)Google Scholar
- 7.G.F.Bertsch and S.F.Tsai, Phys. Rep. 18C: 126 (1975).Google Scholar
- V.Bernard and N.Van Giai, Orsay preprint IPNO/TH 79–55;Google Scholar
- 9.Cf. also e. g. R.Sartor and C.Mahaux, Phys. Rev. 21C:2613(1980) and references therein.Google Scholar
- 10.Cf. e. g. K.Bear and P.E.Hodgson, J.Phys. G4: L 287 (1978); M.M.Giannini, G.Ricco and A.Zucchiati, Ann.Phys. 124: 208 (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.G.F.Bertsch, P.F.Bortignon, R.A.Broglia and C.H.Dasso, Phys. Lett. 80B: 161 (1979).Google Scholar
- N.Van Giai, invited talk at the International Symposium on Highly Excited States in Nuclear Reaction, May 1980, Osaka, to be published and references therein.Google Scholar
- 13.P.F.Bortignon and R.A.Broglia, Nucl. Phys., to be published. 14. Cf. e. g. J.Guillot et al., Phys. Rev. 21C: 879 (1980) and references therein;Google Scholar
- 14.G.J.Wagner, invited talk at the International Symposium on Highly Excited States in Nuclear Reaction, May 1980, Osaka, to be published.Google Scholar
- 15.Cf. also e. g. J.S.Dehesa, S.Krewald, J.Speth and A.Faessler, Phys. Rev. 15C: 1858 (1977);Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1981