Flux-Method Calculations of the Characteristics of Semiconductor Devices Having an Electric Field in the Base Region
A method is proposed for using the flux equations to calculate the characteristics of drift transistors. The transport factor of a drift-transistor base is calculated for exponential and actual impurity distributions in the base. It is shown that the allowance for the actual field distribution in the base, especially the retarding section, has a considerable effect on the results. For sufficiently long lifetimes, the results given by the flux method agree exactly with those obtained by solution of the diffusion equations, but the fluxmethod results are more rigorous for short lifetimes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.I. M. Beskrovnyi and A. A. Kostritsa, Izv. Akad. Nauk Beloruss. SSR, Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Nauk (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.I. M. Beskrovnyi and V. A. Botvin, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprov., 2:1391 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Krasilov and A. F. Trutko, Calculation Methods for Transistors, Energiya, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.N. S. Spiridonov and V. I. Vertogradov, Drift Transistors, Sov. Radio, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.D. I. Smetanina and Yu. A. Sher, Voprosy Radioélektroniki, Ser. Poluprovodnikovye Pribory, 129 (1964).Google Scholar