Radiative Recombination in Ge-Doped GaAs Diodes
The spectral and current dependences of the luminescence of Ge-doped GaAs diodes were studied. A relation between the luminescence intensity J and the current I was found: I ∞ J1/n , where n = 5–7 for small forward currents and n = 1 for large forward currents. The exact relationship between the luminescence and the current is discussed bearing in mind the competition between possible recombination processes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Vul, V. S. Vavilov, G. N. Galkin, and E. A. Bobrova, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 8:908 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Imenkov, M. M. Kozlov, S. S. Meskin, D. N. Nasledov, V. N. Ravich, and B. V. Tsarenkov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 7:634 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. P. Demidov, M. N. Zargar’yants, and A. A. Kiselev, Physics of p—n Junctions [in Russian], Riga (1966), p. 296.Google Scholar
- 7.C. Constantinescu, G. Popovici, and P. Mihailovici, Proceedings of the Internal Conference on Luminescence, Budapest (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.A. É. Yunovich and A. B. Ormont, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 51:1292 (1966).Google Scholar