1/f Noise of Surface-Barrier Diodes
A study was made of the 1/f noise of surface-barrier diodes in various circuit configurations. A comparison was made of the noise characteristics of silicon surface-barrier diodes and of conventional germanium and silicon photodiodes. The results of noise measurements under photovoltaic conditions were analyzed on the basis of the fluctuations of the surface recombination velocity. It was found that the surface recombination velocity in“thin” photodiodes could be determined by comparing the noise under the short-circuit and open-circuit (photo-emf) conditions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. van der Ziel, Fluctuation Phenomena in Semiconductors, Butterworths, London (1959).Google Scholar
- 2.D. N. Mirlin and Yu. S. Karpov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 4:700 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.A. L. McWhorter, in: Semiconductor Surface Physics (Proc. Conf., Philadelphia, 1956, R. H. Kingston, ed.), University of Pennsylvania Press, Philadelphia (1957), p. 207.Google Scholar
- 5.R. L. Petritz, in: Semiconductor Surface Physics (Proc. Conf., Philadelphia, 1956, R. H. Kingston, ed.), University of Pennsylvania Press, Philadelphia (1957), p. 226.Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Grinberg and N. B. Strokan, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 2:1536 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. S. Karpov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 3:1691 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.G. L. Bir, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 1:67 (1959).Google Scholar