Special Features of Exposure-Illuminance Characteristics of the Photopolarization of HgI2Single Crystals
Investigations of the constant-potential curves of mercuric iodide single crystals showed that the nature of the exposure—illuminance characteristics (which showed whether the reciprocity law was obeyed) depended appreciably on the potential of the electrode through which a sample was illuminated. Thus, when a crystal was illuminated through the negative electrode, the reciprocity law was obeyed but when it was illuminated through the positive electrode, this law was not obeyed. Experimental investigations were made of the special features of the exposure—illuminance characteristics obtained by monochromatic illumination of the positive electorde. The causes of the departure from the reciprocity law were determined and a possible mechanism was suggested for the formation of the photoelectret state in mercuric iodide single crystals.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Fridkin, Physical Basis of the Electrophotographic Process, Énergiya, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Bugrienko and K. K. Demidov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 4:1424 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.D. G. Semak, D. V. Chepur, and D. B. Goer, Abstracts of Papers Presented at the XIXth Scientific Conference, Physics Section, Uzhgorod, 1965, p. 47.Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Zolotarev, D. G. Semak, and D. V. Chepur, Izv. Vuzov, Fizika, No. 6, p. 130 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.D. G. Semak, D. V. Chepur, and V. F. Zolotarev, Ukr. Fiz. Zh., 12:1462 (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.D. G. Semak, D. V. Chepur, and V. F. Zolotarev, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 9:1242 (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.D. G. Semak, Abstracts of Papers Presented at Conf. of Young Scientists on the Occasion of 20th Anniversary of Foundation of the University [in Ukrainian], Uzhgorod (1965), p. 87.Google Scholar
- 11.D. V. Chepur, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 25:2411 (1955).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Rose, Concepts of Photoconductivity and Allied Problems, Interscience, New York (1963).Google Scholar
- 13.D. G. Semak, Abstracts of Papers Presented at Conf. of Young Scientists, Uzhgorod (1966) , p. 79.Google Scholar