Probing Higgs Bosons/Electroweak Symmetry Breaking in Purely Leptonic Channels at Hadron Colliders
I examine the ability of the LHC, SSC and Eloisatron hadron colliders to search for Higgs bosons in background-free purely leptonic modes. Such leptonic final state modes are surveyed for both the Standard Model Higgs scenario and a variety of non-minimal Higgs sectors (the features of which are reviewed along the way). In particular, I examine the ability of the SSC to probe exotic Higgs scenarios using purely leptonic channels, and discuss the extent to which a very high energy, high luminosity hadron collider such as the Eloisatron might be justified as a second generation SSC by virtue of its ability to employ leptonic channels to extend the SSC discovery reach or allow more detailed studies of already discovered Higgs bosons.
KeywordsHiggs Boson Vector Boson Higgs Sector Higgs Potential Fusion Cross Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.F. Gunion and R. Vega, INFN Eloisatron Report, CCSEM-EL-88–1, p. 42.Google Scholar
- 2.J.F. Gunion, H.E. Haber, G.L. Kane, and S. Dawson, “The Higgs Hunters Guide”, Addison-Weseley Frontiers in Physics Series, in press.Google Scholar
- 5.See for example, J.F. Gunion, J. Kalinowski, and A. Tofighi-Niaki, Phys. Rev. Lett. 57 (1986) 2351.Google Scholar
- E. Wang, G. Hanson, et al.,Proceedings of the 1988 Snowmass Workshop on “High Energy Physics in the 1990’s”, ed. by S. Jensen, World Scientific (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Ellis and F. Zwirner, preprint LBL-27310 (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.A detailed analysis of the Higgs sector appears in J. Ellis, J.F. Gunion, H.E. Haber, L. Roszkowski, and F. Zwirner, Phys. Rev. D39 (1989) 844; a general analysis of the model appears in J. Ellis, J.S. Hagelin, S. Kelley and D.V. Nanopoulos, Nucl. Phys. B311 (1988) 1.Google Scholar
- 12.R.S. Chivukula and H. Georgi, Phys. Lett. 182B (1986) 181.Google Scholar
- 13.M.S. Chanowitz and M. Golden, Phys. Lett. 165B (1985) 105.Google Scholar
- 14.J.F. Gunion, R. Vega, and J. Wudka, preprint UCD-89–13 (1989).Google Scholar
- 15.R. Vega and D. Dicus, preprint UCD-89–9 (1989).Google Scholar
- 16.J.F. Gunion and R. Vega, work in progress, see also ref.15.Google Scholar