Changes in Growth and Body Composition Related to Control in Children with Diabetes
The present study is the first longitudinal study of growth and body composition in diabetic youngsters which employs both anthropometric and ultrasonic measurements.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Canfield, W., Chase, H.P., Hombridge, K.M., 1982, Limited joint mobility (LJM) in insulin dependent diabetes mellitus: relation to glucose control and zinc nutrition, Ped. Res,, 16: 135A.Google Scholar
- Evans, N., Robinson, V.P. and Lister, S., 1972, Growth and bone age of juvenile diabetics, Arch. Disease in Childh., 47: 489–593.Google Scholar
- Frisancho, A.R., 1974, Triceps and upper arm muscle size norms for assessment of nutritional status, Am. J. Clin. Nutri., 27: 1052–1058.Google Scholar
- Lieberman, L.S., 1979, Ultrasonic measurement of subcutaneous adiposity, Presented at the American Assoc. of Phys. Anthropologists, Ann. Meeting. (Manuscript).Google Scholar
- Lieberman, L.S., 1980, Growth, development, nutrition and activity among diabetic youngsters, Florida Scientist, 43: 141–147.Google Scholar
- Lieberman, L.S., Rosenbloom, A.L., Riley, W.J., Silverstein, J.H., 1980, Reduced skin thickness with pump administration of insulin, N. Engl. J. Med., 16: 940–941.Google Scholar
- National Center for Health Statistics, 1977, NCHS Growth Curves for Children, Birth-18 years, United States. DHEW Pub, N° (PHS) 78–1650. Nat. Cen. Health. Stat., Hyattsville.Google Scholar
- Rosenbloom, A.L., Silverstein, J.H., Riley, W.J., Malone, J.I., Lizotte, D.C., McCallum, M., Maclaren, N.K. and Neufeld, M., 1980, Total glycosylated hemoglobin estimation in the management of children and youth with diabetes, Bull Int. Study Group: Diabetes in Children and Adolescence, 4: 24–25.Google Scholar
- Rosenbloom, A.L., Silverstein, J.H., Riley, W.J., Malone, J.I., Lizotte, D.C., McCallum, M., Maclaren, N.K. and Neufeld, M., 1981b, Joint contracture in childhood diabetes indicates high risk for vasculopathy, Pediat. Adolesc. Endocr., 9: 143–148.Google Scholar
- Weiner, J.S. and Laurie, J.A., 1969, Human Biology: A guide to field Methods’. IBP Handbook N°9, Davis, Philadelphia.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1984