The Evolution of Some Crawl Performance Determinant Factors in Women Competitive Swimmers
The aim of this study is to examine the progress of 17 women swimmers, competing at the national level, who stepped up considerably their training schedules between two evaluation sessions one year apart. These were compared to a larger group of 97 national level women swimmers who were evaluated once. The swimming performance, training background and physical characteristics of the latter group were used as reference data in analysing the progress of the experimental group.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Coen, G., 1978, ‘Schwimmsportliche Leistungstabelle, Comparative per-f ormance tables’, Gödicke.Google Scholar
- Dixon, W.J., 1981, ed., ‘BMDP Statistical Software’, Univ. of California Press, Berkeley.Google Scholar
- Persyn, U., Hoeven, R., and Daly, D., 1979, An evaluation center for competitive swimmers, in: ‘Swimming III’, J. Terauds and W. Be-dingfield, eds., Univ. Park Press, Baltimore, 182–195.Google Scholar
- Persyn, U., Daly, D., Vervaecke, H., Van Tilborgh, L., and Verhetsel, D., 1982, Profiles of competitors using different patterns in the crawl events, in: ‘Biomechanics and Medicine in Swimming’, Human Kinetics Pub1., Champaign, (in press).Google Scholar
- Remington, R., and Schork, M., 1970, ‘Statistics with Applications to the Biological and Health Sciences’, Prentice Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs.Google Scholar
- Tanner, J.M., Whitehouse, R.H., and Healy, M.J.R., 1962, ‘A new system for estimating skeletal maturity from hand and wrist, with standards derived from a study of 2600 British children: vol II: the scoring system’, Int. Children’s Center, Paris.Google Scholar
- Van Tilborgh, L., Daly, D., and Persyn, U., 1982, The influence of some somatic factors on passive drag; gravity and buoyancy forces in competitive swimmers, in: ‘Biomechanics and Medicine in Swimming’, Human Kinetics Publ., Champaign, (in press).Google Scholar
- Vervaecks, H., and Persyn, U., 1981, Some differences between men and women in various factors which determine swimming performances, in: ‘The female athlete’, J. Borms, M. Hebbelinck and A. Venerando, eds., in: ‘Medicine and Sport’, Karger, Basel, 150–156.Google Scholar