Characteristics of Spontaneous Emissions Amplified by a High-Gain Laser Amplifier
The line-narrowing and line-rebroadening of the Amplified Spontaneous Emission (ASE) in the high-gain He-Ne 3.39 pm laser amplifier and statistics of intensity fluctuations of the ASE were studied with emphasis on the transition region from the linear amplification to saturation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Gamo and S.S. Chuang, Coherence and Quantum Optics (Proc. Third Rochester Conference on Coherence and Quantum Optics) eds. L. Mandel and E. Wolf (Plenum Press, New York, 1973 ) pp. 491–507.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Gamo and S.S. Chuang, AFOSR 70–1956, TR-1970, Available as AD-716468, National Information Service, Springfield, VA.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Sargent, M.O. Scully and W.E. Lamb, Jr., Laser Physics (Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass. 1974 ) Chapter 8.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics ( Pergamon Press, New York, 1970 ) Chapter 10.Google Scholar
- 5.V.N. Faddeyeva and N.M. Terent’ev, Tables of Probability Integral for Complex Argument ( Pergamon Press, New York, 1961 ).Google Scholar
- 6.B.H. Armstrong and R.W. Nicholls, Emission, Absorption and Transfer of Radiation in Heated Atmospheres ( Pergamon Press, New York, 1972 ).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Gamo, N. Takahashi, H. Osada and H. Sato, this Proceedings, p. 613.Google Scholar
- 9.H. Gamo,J.S. Ostrem and S.S. Chuang, J. Appl. Phys. 44, 2750 (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.Misao Ohi, Ph.D. Dissertation (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan, 1974 ). Unpublished.Google Scholar
- 12.H. Osada, Ph.D. Dissertation ( University of California, Irvine, Calif., 1978 ).Google Scholar