Amplified Quantum Initiation Effects in Superfluorescence Emission in Coherently-Pumped Three-Level Systems
We present a model and calculational results and analysis for the effects of coherent pump dynamics, quantum initiation, propagation, transverse and diffraction effects on superfluorescent (SF) emission from a collection of N optically-pumped three-level systems. The full, nonlinear, co-propagational aspects of the injected pump pulse, together with the SF which evolves, are explicitly treated in the calculation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. M. Bowden, “Pump Dynamical Effects in Superfluorescent Quantum Initiation and Pulse Evolution”, in Proceedings of the Third New Zealand Symposium on Laser Physics, edited by D. F. Walls and J. D. Harvey, (Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg), 1983, in press.Google Scholar
- 4.a) C. M. Bowden and C. C. Sung, Phys. Rev. A 18: 1558 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.C. C. Sung and C. M. Bowden, in this volume, p. 655.Google Scholar
- 6.a) D. Polder, M. F. H. Schuurmans and Q. H. F. Vrehen, Phys. Rev. A 19:1192 (1979). (b) M. F. H. Schuurmans, Q. H. F. Vrehen, D. Polder and H. M. Gibbs, “Superfluorescence”, in “Advances in Atomic and Molecular Physics”, edited by D. Bates and B. Bederson, Vol. 17, Academic Press, 1981, p. 167.Google Scholar
- 7.C. C. Sung and C. M. Bowden, to be published.Google Scholar
- 8.R. J. Glauber and F. Haake, Phys. Lett. A 68:29 (1978); Phys. Rev. Lett. 45:568 (1980); F. Haake, H. King, G. Schroder and J. Haus, Phys. Rev. A 20: 2047 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.F. P. Mattar, in “Optical Bistability”, edited by C. M. Bowden, M. Ciftan and H. R. Robl, Plenum, New York, 1981 p. 503.Google Scholar
- 10.F. P. Mattar, C. M. Bowden and C. C. Sung, to be published.Google Scholar