Symmetries and Periodicities of Partially Coherent Fields
The symmetries of wave fields are of practical interest in holography, phase conjugation and for automatic focusing. Periodicities of wavefields find practical applications in self-imaging, in interferometers based on the Talbot and on the Lau effect and in Fourier spectrometry. We show that if the operator form for the solution of the Helmholtz-equation is employed, it is possible to discuss in a simple fashion both the symmetry and the periodicity of the propagating field under coherent and under partially coherent illumination.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- It seems quite clear that the operator form has been employed elsewhere; however, the authors were only able to trace these two references.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Born, E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, Pergamon Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 3.J. Ojeda-Castaneda, Focus error operator and related special functions, J. Opt. Soc. Am. (1983) (accepted)Google Scholar
- 8.G. Häusler, E. Körner, A simple focusing criterion, Appl. Opt. (1983) (accepted)Google Scholar
- 11.A.W. Lohmann, J. Ojeda-Castaneda, Spatial periodicities in partially coherent fields, Ont. Acta 30: 475 (1983)Google Scholar
- 12.A.W. Lohmann, J. Ojeda-Castaneda, W. Streibl, Spatial periodicities in coherent and in partially coherent fields, Opt. Acta (1983) (accepted)Google Scholar