Two-Photon Coherence in Coupled Two-Level Systems
The aim of the present theoretical contribution is twofold. First, I shall attempt to show that all optical quantum systems are inherently related to unitary symmetries of SU(N). Hence, the coherence in multilevel quantum systems can be most elegantly treated by recurrence to the well established methods of the theory of unitary groups. Secondly, I wish to extend the study of nonlinear coherence phenomena to coupled systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Allen and J. H. Eberly, “Optical Resonance and Two-Level Atoms” J. Wiley, New York (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.R. G. Brewer and E. L. Hahn, Coherent two-photon processes: Transient and steady-state cases, Phys. Rev., 11: 1641 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Abragam, “The Principles of Nuclear Magnetism” Oxford University Press, London (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Carruthers, “Introduction to Unitary Symmetry” Interscience Publishers, J. Wiley, New York (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Gourdin, “Unitary Symmetries” North-Holland, Amsterdam (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.J. N. Elgin, Semiclassical formalism for the treatment of three-level systems, Phys. Lett., 8OA: 14O (1980).Google Scholar