Chaos in the Semiclassical N-Atom Jaynes-Cummings Model
Chaotic behavior in deterministic dynamical systems is characterized by aperiodicity and “very sensitive dependence on initial conditions.” Slightly different initial conditions can lead to drastically different long-term behavior. Recently it has become clear that chaos is a characteristic mode of behavior even in low-dimensional systems, and certain routes to chaos (e.g., period doubling) have been identified.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Haken, Phys. Lett. 53A, 77 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.F. T. Arecchi, R. Meucci, G. Puccioni, and J. Tredicce, Phys. Rev. Lett. 49, 1217 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Ikeda, H. Daido, and 0. Akimoto, Phys. Rev. Lett. 45, 709 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Nakatsuka, S. Asaka, H. Itoh, K. Ikeda, and M. Matsuoka, Phys. Rev. Lett. 50, 109 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.E. T. Jaynes and F. W. Cummings, Proc. IEEE 51, 89 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Tavis and F. W. Cummings, Phys. Rev. 170, 379 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.J. H. Eberly, N. B. Narozhny, and J. J. Sanchez-Mondragon, Phys. Rev. Lett. 44, 1323 (1980).Google Scholar
- 8.N. B. Narozhny, J. J. Sanchez-Mondragon, and J. H. Eberly, Phys. Rev. A23, 236 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.P. W. Milonni, J. R. Ackerhalt, and H. W. Galbraith, Phys. Rev. Lett. 50, 966 (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Ruelle, Bifurcation Theory and Applications in Scientific Disciplines ed. by 0. Gurel and 0. E. Rdssler (N.Y. Academy of Sciences, N.Y., 1979 ), p. 408.Google Scholar
- 11.G. Benettin, L. Galgani, and J. M. Strelcyn, Phys. Rev. A14, 2338 (1976).Google Scholar
- 12.G. Benettin and L. Galgani, J. Stat. Phys. 27, 153 (1982).Google Scholar