Functional goals and problems in large-scale patient record management and automated screening
Kaiser-Permanente Medical Care Program, the largest group practice, prepaid health plan in the United States, delivers comprehensive hospital and medical services to more than one million persons in the San Francisco-Bay area. In this area, it currently owns and operates 11 hospitals and 15 outpatient medical office facilities for more than 1,000 physicians.
KeywordsHealth Checkup Total Unit Cost Periodic Health Examination Visual Display Terminal Data Base Management System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Collen, M. F. The multitest laboratory in health care of the future. Hospitals 41: 119, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.Collen, M. F. Automated multiphasic screening. In: Presymptomatic Detection and Early Diagnosis, edited by C. Sharp and H. Keen. London: Pitman, 1968, chapt. 2, p. 25–66.Google Scholar
- 4.Collen, M. F., editor. Hospital Computer Systems. New York: Wiley, 1974.Google Scholar
- 7.Collen, M. F., R. Feldman, J. Barbaccia, J. Dunn, R. Greenblatt and A. Mather. Provisional Guidelines for Automated Multiphasic Testing and Services. Volume 2. Operational Manual. Washington, D.C.: U. S. Govt. Printing Office, 1970.Google Scholar
- 9.Collen M. F., L. Rubin and L. S. Davis. Computers in multiphasic screening. In: Computers in Biomedical Research, edited by R. W. Stacy and B. D. Waxman. New-York: Academic, 1965, vol. 1 chapt. 14.Google Scholar
- 11.Davis, L. S. A system approach to medical information. Method. Inform. Med. 12: 1, 1973.Google Scholar
- 12.Galbraith, J. K. The imperatives of technology. In: The New Industrial State. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1967.Google Scholar
- 14.Soghikian, K., and F. B. Collen. Acceptance of multiphasic screening examinations by patients. Bull. New York Acad. Med. 2nd Ser., 45/ 12: 1366, 1969.Google Scholar
- 16.Van Brunt, E. E., L. S. Davis, J. F. Terdiman and M. F. Collen. The Kaiser-Permanente pilot medical data system. Proc. Intern. Conf. Health Technol. Systems. San Francisco, 1973.Google Scholar