Gamma to Alpha Transformation in Austenitic Stainless Steel Under Stress (Single and Repeated) Down to 20°K
A martensitic transformation occurs in austeaitic stainless steels when they are strained and the amount of the ferromagnetic phase appearing is particularly important when the deformation is produced at low temperatures [1–3].
KeywordsMartensitic Transformation Fatigue Test Austenitic Stainless Steel Coercive Force Ferromagnetic Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Bastien and J. Dedeu, J. Iron and Steel Inst., Vol. 83, p. 254 (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Angel, J. Iron and Steel Inst., Vol. 177, p. 155 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Jaoul, Revue du Nickel, Vol. 23, p. 91 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Deieu, Ph.D. Thesis, Paris’ (1952).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Weil and R. Conte, Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Low Temp. Phys. and Chem., p. 571, Wisconsin University Press, Madison, Wisconsin (1958).Google Scholar