Specific Heat and Thermal Conductivity of Four Commercial Titanium Alloys from 20° to 300°K
The unusual properties of titanium and its alloys have made these materials of great interest for the construction of structures and equipment for use at both high and low temperatures. The Department of Defense of the U.S. Government has for some time been engaged in a program of study and development of these materials. This program has included the studies of the mechanical and thermal properties of these alloys with a view to providing data useful to their engineering application.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. T. Ziegler and J. C. Mullins, Final Report, Project No. A-504, Cryogenic Phase of DOD Titanium Sheet Rolling Program. Part I. “Specific Heat of Titanium Alloys,” 1 June 1960 to 15 August 1961. Engineering Experiment Station, Georgia Institute of Technology.Google Scholar
- 2.W. T. Zeigler, J. C. Mullins, and S. C. P. Hwa, Final Report, Projects No. A-504 and E-238, Cryogenic Phase of DOD Titanium Sheet Rolling Program. Part II. “Thermal Conductivity of Titanium Alloys at Low Temperatures,” 1 June 1960 to 16 January 1962. Engineering Experiment Station, Georgia Institute of Technology.Google Scholar
- 3.H. A. McGee Jr., Ph.D. Thesis in Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.R. B. Scott, C. H. Meyers, R. D. Rands Jr., F. G. Brickwedde, and N. Bekkedahl, NBS J. Res. Vol 35, 39 (1945).Google Scholar
- 5.H. J. Hoge and F. G. Brickwedde, NBS J. Res. Vol. 22, 351 (1939).Google Scholar
- 7.W. W. Tyler, L. B. Nesbitt, and A. C. Wilson Jr., J. Metals, 1104 (Sept. 1953).Google Scholar
- 9.W. D. Bradbury Jr., M. S. Thesis, in Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, (1959).Google Scholar
- 10.R. M. McClintock and M. J. Hiza, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol.3, K. D. Timmerhaus (ed.), Plenum Press, New York (1960).Google Scholar
- 11.Crucible Steel Co. of America Data Sheet on Crucible B-120VCA Titanium Alloy (13V-11Cr-3A1), Tentative Edition (March, 1959)Google Scholar
- 12.W. J. Lepkowski and J. W. Holladay, TML Report No. 73, July 25, 1957, Titanium Metallurgical Laboratory, Battelle Memorial Institute, Columbus, Ohio. (ASTIA AD No. 153856)Google Scholar