The Growth and Uses of Gem-Grade Corundum Crystals
The author of this work, Savva Kirillovich (Savelii Keropovich) Popov, 1900–1953, began to work in 1932 on apparatus for producing synthetic corundum industrially. From 1935 until his death he did this work in the Institute of Crystallography, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, and headed the corundum synthesis group, under the general supervision of Academician A. V. Shubnikov.
KeywordsAutomatic Drive Spur Gear Worm Gear Lead Screw Valve Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. Kraus, Synthetische Edelsteine (Berlin, 1929).Google Scholar
- M. Gaudin, Compt. rend. 4, 999 (1937).Google Scholar
- H. Senarmont, Compt. rend. 32, 410 (1851).Google Scholar
- J. Ebelman, Chem. Phys. 22, 213 (1848).Google Scholar
- E. Fremy and E. Fell, Compt. rend. 85, 1029 (1877).Google Scholar
- E. Fremy and A. Verneuil, Compt. rend. 104, 738 (1887)Google Scholar
- E. Fremy and A. Verneuil, Compt. rend 106, 565 (1888).Google Scholar
- P. Chirvinskii, Artifical Production of Minerals in the Nineteenth Century [in Russian] (Kiev, 1903–6).Google Scholar
- S. K. Popov, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Fiz. 10, 5/6, 505–9 (1947).Google Scholar