Application of Ellipsometry in Studies of the Growth of Crystals and Thin Films
Ellipsometry studies of surfaces and thin films enable information on the optical properties of the studied media to be obtained and thicknesses of thin surface films to be determined. The first developed method was monochromatic ellipsometry, which was limited as such. Recently, spectral ellipsometry (SE) has been extensively developed and has enabled the abilities of the method to be widely expanded.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. M. A. Azzam and N. M. Bashara, Ellipsometry and Polarized Light, North-Holland, Amsterdam (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Rzhanov (ed.), Principles of Ellipsometry [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. A. Blyumkina, Yu. B. Algazin, A. V. Arkhipenko, et al., “System of automated ellipsometry measurements,” Opt. Spectrosk., 40, No. 3, 596–599 (1976).Google Scholar
- 13.A. A. Chernov and V. A. Yakovlev, “Ellipsometric study of the surface melting on the biphenyl basal face,” Poverkhnost, No. 2, 39–47 (1986).Google Scholar
- 15.V. N. Lebedeva and A. Yu. Tronin, “Observation of a boundary layer of solution adjoining the face of a growing crystal,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz., 50, No. 3, 483–485 (1986).Google Scholar
- 16.A. Yu. Tronin, “Development of an ellipsometry method for layered anisotropic media and application to a study of the surface of a growing crystal,” Author’s Abstract of a Candidate Dissertation in Phys.-Mat. Sci., Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 18.V. A. Yakovlev, “Application of ellipsometry of anisotropic media to the study of surface films on crystals,” Poverkhnost, No. 1, 23–28 (1986).Google Scholar
- 19.A. Yu. Klimova, A. F. Konstantinova, and Z. B. Perekalina, “Study of the actual structure of crystals by optical methods,” Kristallografiya, 27, No. 6, 1136–1139 (1982).Google Scholar
- 24.L. V. Sokolov, M. A. Lyamin, V. A. Markov, et al., “Oscillations of optical characteristics of the growth surface of Ge films during molecular beam epitaxy,” Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 44, No. 6, 278–280 (1986).Google Scholar