Characteristic Defects and Imperfections in KDP Crystals Grown at High Rates
Crystals of the KDP group are widely used in various branches of science and technology as frequency doublers, modulators, laser gates, parametric generators, and other active elements of devices for controlling a laser beam in addition to videotransformers . Large crystals with highly uniform physical properties are needed for these purposes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ferroelectrics, Vol. 71, (1987), No. 1/2/3/4.Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Bespalov, V. I. Bredikhin, V. P. Ershov, et al., “Rapid growth of water-soluble crystals and problems of fabricating large-aperture light-frequency transformers,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz., 51, No. 8, 1354–1360 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.J. F. Cooper, M. F. Singleton, and Y. Zundelevich, “Rapid growth of potassium dihydrogen phosphate crystals in the form of rectangular sector blocks,” in: VIIth Int. Conf. Cryst. Growth: Progr. andAbstr., York, England (1986), OA1/417.Google Scholar
- 4.L. N. Rashkovich, “Rapid growth from solution of large crystals for nonlinear optics,” Vestn. Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. 9, 15–19 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.S. A. Akhmanov, I. A. Begishev, A. A. Gulamov, et al., “Highly effective parametric light-frequency transformation in wide-aperture crystals grown at rapid rates,” Kvantovaya Elektron. (Moscow), 11, No. 9, 1701–1702 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.I. L. Smol’skii, A. A. Chernov, Yu. G. Kuznetsov, et al., “Vicinal sectoriality and its relation to growth kinetics of ADP crystals,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 278, No. 2, 358–361 (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.I. L. Smol’skii, A. A. Chernov, Yu. G. Kuznetsov, et al., “Vicinal sectoriality in growth sectors of 011 faces of ADP crystals,” Kristallografiya, 30, No. 5, 971–979 (1985).Google Scholar
- 14.A. Authier, “Contrast of dislocations. Images in x-ray transmission topography,” Adv. X-ray Anal. 10, 9–31 (1967).Google Scholar
- 19.Modern Crystallography, Vol. 3 [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 20.A. A. Chernov, Yu. G. Kuznetsov, I. L. Smol’skii, et al., “Hydrodynamic effects during ADP crystal growth from aqueous solutions in the kinetic regime,” Kristallografiya, 31, No. 6, 1193–1200 (1986).Google Scholar
- 21.A. A. Chernov, L. N. Rashkovich, and A. A. Mkrtchan, “Interference-optical study of surface processes of KDP, DKDP, and ADP crystal growth,” Kristallografiya, 32, No. 3, 737–754 (1987).Google Scholar
- 22.L. N. Rashkovich and B. Yu. Shekunov, “Effect of supersaturation on the shape of dislocation hillocks. KDP crystals,” in: Extended Abstracts of the VIIh All-Union Conf on Growth of Crystals, Vol. 2 [in Russian], Moscow (1988), pp. 57–59.Google Scholar
- 23.L. N. Rashkovich, A. A. Mkrtchan, and A. A. Chernov, “Morphology and growth kinetics of the (100) faces of ADP from aqueous solution,” Kristallografiya, 30, No. 2, 380–387 (1985).Google Scholar